As most of you know, back in January we launched the second version of the CityGrid API suite. Updates to the platform included:
- increased query volume
- box and circle additions to region search
- histogrammed results, grouped by category
- impression tracking and improved reporting
- more enhanced place page content from new premium partners
- additional national and local advertisers in more cities
- and more
We’ve been very happy with your adoption of version 2, and we’ve gathered good feedback from you along the way for upcoming and ongoing improvements. As we make these continual improvements with your help and input, version 2 will evolve to support the changing needs of your applications and business.
Which is why we’re announcing the close of version 1 on April 30th. All remaining publishers calling v1 APIs must migrate to v2 APIs by 11:59 ET on Saturday evening. See the below table as a reference between v1 and v2 APIs.
|Current V1 API Name||New V2 API Name|
|Profile API||Places API (now includes profile and search)|
|Search API||Places API (now includes profile and search)|
|Offers API||Offers API|
|Reviews API||Reviews API|
|PFP API||Custom Ads API|
(Events and Lists APIs will be discontinued entirely at this time, and for those currently using either, we’ll follow up separately with more details.)
Everyone should read the v2 documentation to ensure you effectively migrate to the new platform.
In addition to the news above, we want to let you know that in the next 30 days we’ll have some major news for v2 publishers (which we hope by then is all of you!). While we can’t go into specifics, you’ll see:
- significant improvements to speed and performance
- dramatic changes to the size and accuracy of the dataset
- a huge influx of 3rd party content
- overhauled and optimized budget allocation
- and then some
You can expect us to be in touch as the deadline gets closer to make sure you’ve landed on the other side safe and sound.