I’m always on the lookout for tools that CityGrid publishers can use alongside the web and mobile apps they’ve built using CityGrid Places and Advertising APIs.
Today I came across a cool WordPress plugin over at WP Mayor, a site for WordPress news, articles, hacks and plugin reviews, that turns your local blog into an iPhone enabled city guide, called Placeling.
To get started, Placeling provides an iPhone app that allows you to mark places that you’ve been, which will provide the reference for blog posts that you write later. Next you install and activate the Placeling plugin in your Worpress site. You’ll notice that now, when you write a blog post you’ll see a marketer next to the upload photo button, and a new box called “Placeling” below the main editor.
The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to login to Placeling, which will give you access to the places that you’ve marked using the Placeling iPhone application. No you have access to all the places you’ve been, linking them to the blog posts your writing on the places and things you’ve seen.
Each blog that is linked up to your Placeling places will be available via the Placeling iPhone app for other people, showing a summary you provide and a link to your blog post. The WordPress plugin automatically appends the Placeling logo to the footer of your blog post, giving credit to Placeling and completing the local places blogging network they are working to build.
I think Placeling is a creative approach to linking up local content to places, in a very hyperlocal way. It shows a lot of promise if you can come up with ways to incentivize local bloggers to link their content to the network, and potentially monetize with places that pay and advertising.
Article Source Credit - Introducing Placeling: Turn Your Blog Into an iPhone-based City Guide
Trulia, the site for home buyers, sellers, renters and real estate professionals, just announced the launch of a brand new iPhone app, Trulia for Agents.
The iPhone app integrates mobile, social and location-based technologies to help agents meet new clients, showcase their local expertise and access their business from anywhere.
Trulia For Agents features include:
- Check Ins – Agents can use Trulia for Agents to check in to listings they tour and display check ins on their Trulia.com profile so that prospective clients can ask about home details
- Local Leaderboard – Agents receive points for every check in and are ranked with other local agents who use Trulia for Agents to tour properties
- Lead Notifications – New leads from Trulia are pushed immediately to Trulia for Agents, helping agents to respond quickly to consumer inquiries
- Client Access – Agents can access saved leads and contacts, giving them access to a list of their clients and enabling them to add new contacts while hosting an open house
- Listing Search – The app includes a quick property lookup for agents to find nearby listings and instantly share the homes that fit clients’ needs
- Neighborhood Knowledge: Agents can access neighborhood details, share their local knowledge and answer client questions about any area
Trulia for Agents reflects the features in a mobile app that are important to individual and business users: search, check-ins, notifications and rich places information.
I will keep posting examples of apps that possess the successful local and social characteristics mobile app users are users are growing accustom to. I think Trulia for Agents is a great example of this.